I decided to play around with my post processing last night in CS5 and this is where I ended up! 😀 An interesting take on a marco of a little flower I saw kicking it on our patio table. Okay, so it’s not really a montage as it’s a single image, but I thought hey, the frames give it a feel of multiple images…? 😛
A quick run down, took the shot with my macro lens. Added a texture layer and converted to B&W (another layer). Made the Kodak frame in a separate file then moved it into a new layer. Moved and re-sized the frame where I wanted then duplicated the frame layer three times and moved those where I wanted. Added a mask to each layer and painted out the overlapping frames. Masked the B&W layer and painted out the portions that are within the frames to allow the colour to show through. I also masked the texture layer and painted out the same portions that are within the frames. 😀 Looking at the image today, I think I will work on refining the film frames as I like the outcome and will probably use this technique some other time. Would love to know your take on this…enjoy.